In life we plan for many situations: education, having a family, vacations, weddings and especially our retirement. We also purchase insurance to help us in case of accident, earthquake, fire or flood, but most of us fail to plan for the one thing that is sure to happen, our death.
Reasons to Preplan a Funeral:
Helps prevent family conflict
Does your family know what you want when you die? If you are like most people then they don’t. You may assume they do, and they may assume they do as well, but these assumptions may not be shared by everyone and that can result in conflict and despair. At times of great stress people don’t act like they normally would and minor problems can become insurmountable. Vital and long lasting family relationships can be badly damaged and may never recover, all because of the stress and difficult decisions that need to be made when someone dies. Planning ahead ensures you can make rational and logical decisions at an unemotional time. When loved ones know your wishes they have the comfort of knowing they are making an informed decision.
Provides psychological and emotional benefits for your loved ones
Research shows that the number one reason people preplan their funeral is to eliminate the emotional burden of making difficult decisions from their children. Why is it important? It’s simple, one of the greatest challenges a family faces when a loved on dies is trying to determine what the deceased wanted. This lack of knowledge can be unbearable and can result in conflict, pain and anxiety. When you tell people what you want you are giving them one of the most important gifts they will ever receive. It’s the gift of knowing they did their best for you.
Relieves your family of a financial burden
It’s unfortunate but death comes with a financial cost. Depending on your wishes and the circumstances of death, the cost can range from very inexpensive to very expensive. Paying for the funeral in advance ensures that your family won’t have to carry the financial burden, and the funeral doesn’t cost any more then you determine.
Fulfills responsibility and provides peace of mind
The number two reason why people preplan their funeral is because it fulfills their sense of responsibility. Most people have lived their life thoughtfully and responsibly, but many finish their lives differently then they lived it. Preplanning provides the comfort of knowing that you lived your life responsibly, even at the end.
Reasons to Pay for a Funeral in Advance
- The funeral costs are often guaranteed at today’s prices, eliminating inflation.
- The payment can be made in a single payment or monthly installments may be possible.
- The funeral plan may be transferrable to any funeral home in the world.
- The full amount of the funeral is often paid if a death occurs during a payment plan.
- The funds are protected, in the event that the selected funeral home is no longer in business, and can be assigned to any other funeral home.
- Many funeral plans come with complimentary accidental death coverage for Grandchildren and Great Grandchildren
The benefits of pre-funding funeral services with Trinity Funeral Home
- The funeral costs are guaranteed at today’s prices, eliminating inflation
- The payment can be made in a single payment or interest free 1–3 year monthly installment plans. 4 – 15 year plans also available
- The pre-arranged funeral plan is completely modifiable & transferable without penalty
- Most funeral homes keep 15- 20% of the principle and interest for administration in the event of a cancellation. With our plan, 100% of the funds are returned to you
- The full amount of the funeral is paid if an accidental death occurs during a payment plan*
- The funds are still protected, in the event that the selected funeral home is no longer in business, and can be assigned to any other funeral home
At Trinity Funeral Home we have extensive experience in pre-planning. We have guided many people just like you through the pre-planning experience – answering questions, alleviating concerns – helping you to feel confident about your pre-plan choices. Pre-planning generally takes a few hours to complete. If you would like to get a “head start” on the pre-planning process, or you just want to see what type of information we will need from you in order to complete your pre-plan, please visit our secure Online Preplanning Form. The encrypted results of the form will be held until you have time to come in personally to discuss your pre-plan account with us.
Pre-planning only takes a little time, but can save countless hours of time and indecision for your family. The gift of pre-planning is one of the greatest you can give to your loved ones. We encourage you to contact us at email@example.com, call us at (780) 474-4663, or use our online contact form. We look forward to assisting you!