At the time of a loss and immediately after, friends and family provide a great source of comfort. But as the days pass, most of us find that the support and friendship of kindred souls who have suffered the same kind of loss is both helpful and healing.
Below we have provided a number of local area support groups that you may want to consider after the loss of a loved one. All of the groups welcome new members and encourage you to be as active as you want to be.
- The Compassionate Friends of Canada (Support group for bereaved parents)
- The Support Network of Edmonton
- Canadian Cancer Society Support Groups
- Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada – Edmonton Chapter
- Alzheimer Society of Edmonton
- Centre for Suicide Prevention
- The Bereavement Register (Remove deceased’s name from mailing & junk lists)
- Edmonton SIDS Chapter
- Catholic Social Services
- Edmonton Palliative Care
- Center for Suicide Prevention