Our Simple Cremation in Edmonton provides a basic and affordable funeral option for those who wish for nothing more than a basic cremation service. Everything required, from the initial contact until the cremated remains are given to the family, is included in the price. Optional additions and funeral services are available for additional charges to create the custom affordable funeral service package required.
Simple Cremations in Edmonton, Alberta
Trinity Funeral Homes: Affordable Edmonton Cremation Service
Saying goodbye to a loved one can be a difficult and stressful process. Here at Trinity Funeral Home, we offer many affordable services, such as cremation packages, to ensure that your funeral or ceremony properly honours the memory of your loved one. Located in the heart of Downtown Edmonton, Alberta, our facilities can accommodate everything from a large assembly to the smallest of intimate gatherings. These facilities include a naturally lit chapel, two visitation salons, a casket and urn selection room, a reception centre complete with a kitchen, and ample parking for over 60 vehicles. We also own and operate two crematoriums.
Pre-planned Cremation Services
In order to ensure your funeral wishes are handled accurately, and to provide your family and loved ones with invaluable peace of mind, it is recommended that you begin planning for your funeral or cremation services before you face debilitating circumstances that can cause unforeseen stress and problems. Our Prearrangement Advisors have years of professional experience and have worked with countless individuals and families to establish comprehensive funeral plans or cremation packages.
Let Us Handle Your Loved Ones’ Cremations
The advisors and staff at Trinity Funeral Home will guide you through the preplanning process. We understand that every individual has their own grieving process. While our Simple Cremation service is one of our most affordable funeral options, that doesn’t mean that you aren’t still memorializing the one you’ve lost. Give us a call at 780-474-4663 for more information about our Edmonton cremation services.
Simple Cremation Service
Includes the following Funeral Services:
- Arrangement conference at our funeral home
- Registration of death with Alberta Vital Statistics
- Obtaining Certificate for Cremation from the Medical Examiner’s Office
- Transfer from place of death (24-hour service) within 100KM of greater Edmonton
- Composing of obituary and free posting to our website
- Cremation fee
- Standard cremation container
- 12 statements of death
- Certificate of cremation
- Transit permit (For those who are taking the cremated remains or the urn outside of Canada)
- Clergy and cemetery permits
- Alberta Funeral Services Regulatory Board fee
The following options may be added to the Simple Cremation Service.
Additional charges apply.
- Cremation urn & cremation jewelry selection
- Urn engraving
- Identification with basic personal care of the deceased
- Register book, memorial folders & memorial candle
- DNA banking by SecuriGene
- Limousine service (15 passenger Lincoln Navigator)
- Floral arrangements
- Funeral chapel, church, or another facility for service
- Reception centre, catering, & hostess services
- Clergy, celebrant, or musician honorariums
- Obituary in Edmonton Journal or Edmonton Sun (or other publication) – Lineage rate applies
- Please ask your funeral director for current costs
- Final Document Service
- Memorial video tribute
- Live streaming services
- Cemetery fees (grave, perpetual care, opening/closing fees & outer receptacle)
Frequently Asked Questions
The Simple Cremation service provides an affordable funeral option for those who wish for nothing more than the basic cremation services. Everything required, from the time of initial contact until the cremated remains are given to the family, is included in the price. Additional options and custom packages are available as well.
Our Simple Cremation in Edmonton costs $1395.00 and includes the following services: arrangement conference at our funeral home, registration of death with Alberta Vital Statistics, obtaining Certificate for Cremation from the Medical Examiner’s Office, transfer from place of death (24-hour service) within 100KM of greater Edmonton, composing of obituary and free posting to our website, cremation fee, standard cremation container, 12 statements of death, certificate of cremation, transit permit (for those who are taking the cremated remains or the urn outside of Canada), clergy and cemetery permits, Alberta Funeral Service Regulatory Board fee, and Alberta Funeral Service Association fee.
Cremation reduces the body to its essential elements through a process that exposes it to open flames, intense heat, and evaporation. This takes place in a specially designed furnace called a cremation chamber or retort. Many crematories require a container for the body, such as a casket appropriate for cremation or a rigid cardboard container.
Traditional cremation incorporates elements of both a traditional funeral and a cremation ceremony. It is a more expensive option since it includes services such as embalming and casket rentals. On the other hand, Simple Cremation, sometimes referred to as “direct cremation” or “immediate cremation”, is when the cremation process is performed immediately following the time of death. This option eliminates the need for the embalming services required for a visitation, wake, or viewing.