Our Simple Cremation in Edmonton provides a basic and affordable funeral option for those who wish for nothing more than the basic services of the funeral home to complete the cremation. Everything required, from the time of initial contact until the cremated remains are given to the family, is included in the price. Optional additions and funeral services are available for additional charges to create the custom affordable funeral service package required.
Trinity Funeral Homes: Providing Affordable and Accessible Cremation Services
We know that saying goodbye to a loved one, friend, or family member can be a difficult and stressful process. That is why Trinity Funeral Home’s premier funeral and cremation facilities offer many affordable services, such as cremation packages, to ensure your funeral or ceremony is comfortable and satisfactory. Located in the heart of Downtown Edmonton, Alberta, our funeral facilities include a naturally lit chapel, two visitation salons, a casket and urn selection room, a reception centre complete with a kitchen, and ample parking for over 60 vehicles. To accentuate these services, we also own and operate two crematoriums.
Whether it’s our chapel, visitation salons, or reception centre, our versatile funeral facilities can accommodate everything from large assemblies to the smallest of intimate gatherings.
Pre-plan your Simple Cremation Service
In order to ensure your funeral wishes are handled accurately, and to provide your family and loved ones with invaluable peace of mind, it is recommended that you begin planning for your funeral or cremation services before you face debilitating circumstances that can cause unforeseen stress and problems. Our Prearrangement Advisors have years of professional experience and have worked with countless individuals and families to establish comprehensive funeral plans or cremation packages.
Simple Cremation Service
Includes the following Funeral Services:
- Arrangement conference at our funeral home
- Registration of death with Alberta Vital Statistics
- Obtaining Certificate for Cremation from the Medical Examiner’s Office
- Transfer from place of death (24-hour service) within 100KM of greater Edmonton
- Composing of obituary and free posting to our website
- Cremation fee
- Standard cremation container
- 12 statements of death
- Certificate of cremation
- Transit permit (For those who are taking the cremated remains or the urn outside of Canada)
- Clergy and cemetery permits
- Alberta Funeral Services Regulatory Board fee
The following options may be added to the Simple Cremation Service. Additional charges apply.
- Cremation urn & cremation jewelry selection
- Urn engraving
- Identification with basic personal care of the deceased
- Register book, memorial folders & memorial candle
- DNA banking by Securigene
- Limousine service (15 passenger Lincoln Navigator)
- Floral arrangements
- Funeral chapel, church or other facility for service
- Reception center, catering & hostess services
- Clergy, celebrant or musician honorariums
- Obituary in Edmonton Journal or Edmonton Sun (or other publication) – Lineage rate applies. Please ask your funeral director for current costs
- Final Document Service
- Memorial video tribute
- Live streaming services
- Cemetery fees (grave, perpetual care, opening/closing fees & outer receptacle)
Frequently Asked Questions
What is included in the simple cremation service?
Trinity Funeral Home provides a basic and affordable funeral option for those who wish for nothing more than the basic services of the funeral home to complete the cremation. Everything required, from the time of initial contact until the cremated remains are given to the family, is included in the price. Optional additions and funeral services are available for additional charges to create the custom affordable funeral service package required.
How much does a simple cremation service cost from Trinity Funeral Home?
Our Simple Cremation in Edmonton costs $1295.00 for the following funeral services: arrangement conference at our funeral home, registration of death with Alberta Vital Statistics, obtaining Certificate for Cremation from the Medical Examiner’s Office, transfer from place of death (24-hour service) within 100KM of greater Edmonton, composing of obituary and free posting to our website, cremation fee, standard cremation container, 12 statements of death, certificate of cremation, transit permit (For those who are taking the cremated remains or the urn outside of Canada), Clergy and cemetery permits, Alberta Funeral Service Regulatory Board fee, and Alberta Funeral Service Association fee.
What happens to a body during cremation?
Cremation reduces the body to its essential elements through a process that exposes it to open flames, intense heat, and evaporation. This takes place in a specially designed furnace called a cremation chamber or retort. Many crematories require a container for the body, such as a casket appropriate for cremation or a rigid cardboard container.