Traditionally, the funeral will include a family or public viewing of the deceased. Viewing of the deceased, especially by the immediate family, is helpful in the process of accepting death and an important step in the process of resolution of grief. Following this will be the funeral service, typically held in the church or at the funeral home. The service is followed by interment either below ground (Earth Burial), above ground (Entombment in a Mausoleum) or cremation.
A member of the clergy may be asked to conduct the service or, in non-religious ceremonies, a funeral celebrant, family member, or close friend is asked to speak. Often, a eulogy is delivered, hymns are chosen, special music is played, passages of scripture or poems are selected and presented, or special requests of the deceased are honored.
Personalized service folders, memorial registers, flowers, candles, portraits, collage boards, and video tributes have all become very popular in memorializing the deceased’s life during the service.
Includes the following funeral services:
- Arrangement conference at our funeral home
- Registration of death with Alberta Vital Statistics
- Transfer from place of death (24 Hour Service) within 100KM of greater Edmonton
- Composing of obituary and free posting to our website
- Conferring with clergy to set date and time of funeral service
- Conferring with organist and soloist
- Conferring with florist to order and deliver floral arrangements
- Conferring with cemetery to order opening & closing of the grave
- Conferring with Alberta Wilbert for ordering and delivery of burial vault or liner
- Embalming of deceased
- Dressing & personal care of deceased
- Viewing of deceased at Trinity Funeral Home Chapel
- Use of Trinity Funeral Home Chapel for prayer service / funeral service
- Funeral directors to conduct service in our chapel, your church, or other location
- Funeral home equipment: book stands, flower racks, floral spray stands, reserved seating signs, donation envelopes
- Clergy & pallbearers vehicle (Suburban – leads funeral procession to cemetery)
- Funeral coach (includes prayer, funeral & interment service)
- Committal service at cemetery
- 12 statements of death
- Clergy and cemetery permits
- Alberta Funeral Services Regulatory Board fee
The ValueBurial® option includes your choice from 1 of the following 2 caskets:
The following options may be added to the ValueBurial® package. Additional charges apply.
- Final Document Service
- Service Obituary in Edmonton Journal or Edmonton Sun (or other publication) – Lineage rate applies. Please ask your funeral director for current costs.
- Clergy Honorarium
- Organist & Soloist
- Stationery Package (Includes memorial book, 2 pens, 100 color memorial folders & memorial candle)
- Floral Arrangements
- Memorial Video Tribute